Joystick support

Release Forums Closed Alpha Joystick support
This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  baldpope 1 week, 5 days ago.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • fuub Participant
      July 3, 2017 at 6:47 pm #912

Is it possible to use the joystick? I’ve tried setting it up in the input menu in game launcher but doesn’t do nothing in game.

• Nick Participant
      July 4, 2017 at 4:33 pm #918

At this stage in development only the Xbox controller is supported, we’ll make sure to make a second test with all the controllers available.

We’re sorry you don’t get to try it out at this time and we’re hard at work developing a new one!

• fuub Participant
      July 4, 2017 at 5:33 pm #919

xbox controller isnt working too I’m afraid, maybe it is because I’ve changed the input key bindings.

Do we need to set them to use an xbox controller or leave the default ones?

Also, how can I reset them to default?

• Nick Participant
      July 4, 2017 at 6:03 pm #920

Do you have the Xbox or a third-party controller? Some of the third-party ones have a Xbox/direct switch and will only work in Xbox mode.

On account of resetting controls – how did you change them?

• fuub Participant
      July 4, 2017 at 8:43 pm #921

It is an Original Xbox One controller.

I changed the controls in the launcher before starting a game, on the second tab “Input”.

• fuub Participant
      July 4, 2017 at 10:40 pm #922

Ok solved it.

Changed the input settings to default by searching windows registry for “Frontier Pilot” and erasing that entry.

Also in order for the xbox controller to work I can’t have any more controller connected, just the xbox controller.

• Nick Participant
      July 5, 2017 at 10:14 am #923

well done! Sorry for not being able to help with that one, but you got skills!

We’ll make sure to test situations like that in the future!

• baldpope Participant
      March 8, 2018 at 6:06 pm #1147

I’m using a Rock Candy PS3 controller (don’t laugh at me, it was otherwise wasting away in the bin). It would be helpful if in the control definition screen (or a new screen) that as you create key-bindings you can immediately test the configuration. While certain elements might seem intuitive, others like drop/pickup and selecting the content screen (for purchasing goods) aren’t as clear.

A model mock-up showing a ship and the response to the key-bindings would go along way for a ‘tutorial’ in learning the controls and movement within the game.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.